Saturday, April 28, 2007

Get a haircut, you hippy!

Well, actually my son is, um, blessed with "old man" hair. It's wispy and he rocks a mean comb-over when it grows out. He has been sporting some kick ass Farah Fawcett a la Charlie's Angel's flips over his ears lately too. I've noticed a marked increase in the number of "What an adorable little girl you have!"'s in recent weeks. I have to believe it is the free-flowing girly locks he's got going on.

Here are some pictures from the last month to demonstrate the "problem areas", if you will:

Notice how it grows rampant down the middle of his head and tapers to almost nothing on the sides--is Ethan really David Letterman's love child? This hair would certainly support that theory.
Good God! I can't even begin to comment on all the things happening to his hair in this picture.
Please note the wing above his ear. There's another one just like it on the other side. He could fly from here to Timbuktu on those suckers..

So today we took our otherwise gorgeous child to get his first professional haircut. Sigh. We brought him to the children's salon, Cartoon Cuts. Let me tell you, their trick is to overload the kids' senses with music, DVDs, and giant green elephant hair dryers--this way, the kid is so overwhelmed by what's moving and singing around them that they hardly notice the razor sharp scissors doing their thing inches from their eyeballs. And thank goodness for that.

Ethan sat in the big boy seat and never flinches, freaked or flipped out. Huge relief. We think it was mostly due to the fact that most of the time he was busy watching some baby get his hair cut (um....E, that's YOU in the mirror, mkay?) A

Anyway, here are some pictures of the process itself and then a couple of my very handsome, unmistakably boy, boy...







Hey there, ladies. How you doin'?

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Soooo cute! He's adorable and your blog is wonderful! Kaycie's got the same problem with far more hair down the center. Why is that?

Andrea said...

He looks so stinking cute! I love it! :)

Alice said...

Even with the wispy hair, Ethan is adorable. But you've got to love that hair cut! So cute.

Alison said...

Sarah, he's beautiful. He looks so big with a new haircut!

Becci said...

aww, that is too cute! congratulations on the new do, dude!

Sarah said...

So cute! Harry is getting pretty wispy, but I'm afraid the big hair cut will do to me what the car seat did to you, so we'll have to wait until he officially has a mullet (soon). Ethan's a doll.

KMW said...

Soooo incredibly cute!

Amy said...

He's such a stud! The pacifier was cracking me up. :)

Happy Birthday one day early Ethan! I know it's tomorrow because every time I think of Cinco de Mayo, I think of his birth. Forever tied in my mind now.