Saturday, April 14, 2007

It Ain't Easy Being Green...

So my big boy has decided that being spoon-fed by mommy is for pansies and he is now almost 100% self-feeding. While this is a wonderful milestone for us and I'm thrilled to see my little man gain independence and confidence, I am also staggered by the absolute disaster zone he can create anywhere and anytime he is given the opportunity to try to get food in his mouth.

Today we had an adventure with avocado for lunch and then dared to go out in public for dinner. I am pretty sure there is a picture of our entire family behind the counter of the Silver Diner that says, "Do not seat or feed this family. Icky," due to the large portion of Ethan's "child size" macaroni & cheese dinner that ended up on the floor underneath his high-chair. We are now in the habit of leaving massive tips for all our restaurant servers because waiting on us involves a lot more house-keeping than it should. Oh well.

Here are some lovely shots of Ethan relishing his lunch date with avocado...

Please note that mommy & daddy are dumb-asses: they gave me an avocado, but no bib. Smooth...

I'm not blowing kisses; I've got a chunk of avocado stuck to my hand...
Avocado fangs...
mmmmm, delish!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are times when my 20 YEAR old looks the same way, eating his meals. Maybe the food tastes better once it's been scraped off your chin? Your son is adorable!

Becci said...

haha, those pictures are GREAT. Dorothy has recently gotten her two bottom teeth... they just pooped through on Friday:)

Andrea said...

"Please note that mommy & daddy are dumb-asses: they gave me an avocado, but no bib. Smooth..."

OMG, this made me LOL! I just let Evan eat in a diaper only and brign him straight to the tub when he is done. Truly, it is the only sane way to do this self-feeding thing! LOL!

Gretchen said...

the avocado fangs is too cute!